By Cheryl K. Chumley
The Washington Times
Friday, March 22, 2013
A truck being chased by police at a Navy site in Texas crashed and killed six illegal aliens aboard, police officials said.
At least nine more illegal immigrants traveling in the truck were injured, United Press International reports.
Kingsville, Texas, police began chasing the truck when it refused to stop at the security checkpoint at the Naval Air Station’s main gate, UPI reports. Guards activated the pop-up road barriers at the second security stop, but the driver kept going, UPI said.
“It’s quite possible this guy [the driver] didn’t even know where he was,” said base spokesman John Gagne, in the UPI report.
The illegal immigrants hailed from Guatemala and Honduras, UPI said.
Read more: Illegal aliens killed in police chase in Texas – Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
- Obama admin. to allow thousands of Haitians into U.S. without visas
- Democrats Lie, Illegals Fly: New CA Licenses Accepted by TSA
- Media Ignore Obama Attorney General Nominee Saying Illegals Have ‘Right To Work’
- Prosecutor concerned about undocumented workers
- U.S. sets Feb. 18 for children of undocumented immigrants to seek status
- Arrests of undocumented migrants in southern U.S. at lowest since 1970s
- Napolitano: Border Control ‘Unobtainable,’ a DC Myth
- Obama to request $1B for Central America in wake of border crisis
- Obama just picked a fight with border agents
- Sheriff Joe: Media Ignoring Return Rates on Criminal Illegal Immigrants