By Cheryl K. Chumley
The Washington Times
Friday, March 22, 2013
A truck being chased by police at a Navy site in Texas crashed and killed six illegal aliens aboard, police officials said.
At least nine more illegal immigrants traveling in the truck were injured, United Press International reports.
Kingsville, Texas, police began chasing the truck when it refused to stop at the security checkpoint at the Naval Air Station’s main gate, UPI reports. Guards activated the pop-up road barriers at the second security stop, but the driver kept going, UPI said.
“It’s quite possible this guy [the driver] didn’t even know where he was,” said base spokesman John Gagne, in the UPI report.
The illegal immigrants hailed from Guatemala and Honduras, UPI said.
Read more: Illegal aliens killed in police chase in Texas – Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
- C.B.P. Seizes $200,000 in Unreported Currency in Outbound Enforcement
- House GOP Pushing New Immigration Bills
- Sen. Jeff Sessions to Rebut Jeb Bush’s Amnesty Support During Surprise CPAC Meet-and-
- What happens if DHS shuts down?
- Record Otay pot bust: 15 tons, $19 Million value
- Obama Administration Just Gave Away a Million More ‘Green Cards’
- Butterfly Garden Hinders U.S. Border Patrol
- CPAC Activists Skeptical Over Immigration Views of GOP Lawmakers
- Trey Gowdy Fights Back Against Obama’s Amnesty With New Immigration Plan
- Gheen: President’s problem goes beyond immigration