A retired central Indiana high school swimming coach has died training for a triathlon after a car struck his bicycle.
The Crawfordsville Journal Review reports (http://bit.ly/19bLyLJ ) 55-year-old Duane Swisher was pronounced dead at a hospital Saturday after the collision near the intersection of Indiana 32 and Indiana 341 west of Crawfordsville.
Friends tell the newspaper that Swisher was training for the Sugar Creek Swim Club’s upcoming sprint triathlon at the time.
Western Boone High School Principal Rob Ramey says Swisher retired in June so he could spend more time participating in outdoor sports including biking, hiking, swimming and running. Ramey says the Western Boone community has experienced a “very great loss.”
The post Retired C. Ind. Prep Coach Killed In Cycling Crash appeared first on The Epoch Times.
- Witness Says Aaron Hernandez Smoked Pot on Night of Killing
- Abu Dhabi Takes Volvo Ocean Race Auckland Leg Lead
- Floyd Mayweather Next Fight: Vs Manny Pacquiao Fight Deal Done, Date is May 2
- New Jersey Allows Physical Skill-Based Gambling
- Warriors Beat Knicks 106-92 in Kerr’s MSG Coaching Debut
- Love Gets Message From LeBron, Scores 32 in Cavs’ Win
- BMC’s Rohan Dennis Breaks Cycling’s Hour Record
- Judge and Juror Discuss Hernandez Trial; Testimony Goes On
- Juror Removed From Aaron Hernandez Murder Trial
- Rex Ryan Updates Tattoo From Jets Green to Bills Blue