A retired central Indiana high school swimming coach has died training for a triathlon after a car struck his bicycle.
The Crawfordsville Journal Review reports (http://bit.ly/19bLyLJ ) 55-year-old Duane Swisher was pronounced dead at a hospital Saturday after the collision near the intersection of Indiana 32 and Indiana 341 west of Crawfordsville.
Friends tell the newspaper that Swisher was training for the Sugar Creek Swim Club’s upcoming sprint triathlon at the time.
Western Boone High School Principal Rob Ramey says Swisher retired in June so he could spend more time participating in outdoor sports including biking, hiking, swimming and running. Ramey says the Western Boone community has experienced a “very great loss.”
The post Retired C. Ind. Prep Coach Killed In Cycling Crash appeared first on The Epoch Times.
- Anderson Silva Returns at UFC 183 With His Broken Leg Healed
- Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Courtside at Miami Heat Game
- Brian Bowles, Ex-UFC Fighter, Arrested for Meth Possession
- Ines Sainz, Popular Reporter, Reveals Details About Herself in New Interview
- New Names Suggested for Sports Illustrated After Photographers Laid Off
- Sports Illustrated Fires All Of Its Photographers
- Brazil Official: Rio Won’t Meet Olympic Water Cleanup Pledge
- Russia’s Top Athletics Coach Resigns Amid Doping Scandals
- Did Daniel Bryan ‘Yes! Lock’ a Burglar? Nope, Former WWE Champion Uses Choke Hold to Nab Intruder (+Video)
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Medal Tally: India in Fourth Behind Sukhen Dey, Sanjita Khumukcham Gold Medals