The made in India Maruti Suzuki Ertiga was recently introduced in Indonesia, which received tremendous response by the market and is selling in good numbers. The Ertiga holds the fourth position amidst the top selling cars in Indonesia. The overwhelming response has encouraged Maruti Suzuki to further export more products in the Indonesian market. India’s largest carmaker has decided to export the Wagon R to Indonesia through the completely knocked down (CKD) route starting from next month.
The automaker is targeting considerable volumes with the Wagon R in Indonesia. The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is powered by a 998cc K-Series petrol engine that produces 67 BHP of power at 6200 RPM with a peak torque of 90 Nm at 3500 RPM, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Maruti Suzuki will be exporting Wagon R with the same specifications. At present, the Indonesian car market is running a Low Cost Green Car (LCGC) programme, which means that there will be almost no duties for small cars such as Wagon R.
Around 65,000 CKD units of the Maruti Ertiga have been exported to Indonesia between January and June this year. Maruti also exports Ritz and Estilo that manage decent number of volumes. With the introduction of Wagon R, the automaker expects similar response by the Indonesian car buyers. Maruti is currently ramping up their production in India and are focusing on exports to emerging markets. The upcoming YL7 hatchback is also being prepared as a global product. Eventually we will see Maruti Suzuki setting up a plant in Indonesia for local manufacturing.
Source – Financial Express
The post Maruti Suzuki Considering Export Of Wagon R To Indonesia appeared first on MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews.
- Maruti Wagon R To Get Idling Stop Soon, Spied On Test
- Suzuki Wagon R Based MPV To Take On Datsun GO+
- Maruti Suzuki Fined For Selling A Defective Wagon R
- WagonR Diesel To Be Offered In Stingray Only [Scoop]
- Maruti Wagon R Stingray Test Drive Review
- Suzuki Unveils 7-Seater Wagon R MPV Concept
- Maruti Suzuki Launches Wagon R Stingray
- Maruti Wagon R Stingray Pictorial Review
- Maruti Wagon R Stingray Launch Near, We Snap It
- Maruti Wagon R Stingray Caught In India, Launch Soon