The Honda Brio based MPV is confirmed to be launched in the near future, as the screenshots of the official pictures and variants has been leaked. The upcoming Honda MPV is said to be called Honda Mobilio, which has been used by the company previously. According to the leaked brochures, the Honda Mobilio will be launched in three trims – S, E and E CVT. On the styling front, it looks exactly like the Brio hatchback, as seen on the Amaze too. Moving towards the rear reveals a different design because of the additional third row of seats.
The 2014 Honda Mobilio will be unveiled officially at the IIMS 2013 in Jakarta, which begins on 19th September. On the safety front, the Mobilio gets dual airbags as standard across all the variants. Only the range topping E CVT trim gets ABS. Audio system is also standard on all variants, while the E and E CVT get double blowers and alloy wheels. It is expected to be powered by the 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol motor in Indonesia, while in India the Japanese automaker will also offer the 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine.
Transmission options for the Honda Mobilio MPV will include a 5-speed manual gearbox and a CVT automatic. When launched in India, the Honda Mobilio will compete with the likes of compact MPVs such as the segment leading Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Chevrolet Enjoy. We can expect an aggressive pricing strategy by Honda as we have seen previously on the Amaze sedan, since localization level is high. So the Honda Brio platform consists of three body types in all, including a hatchback, sedan and the soon to be launched MPV.
Source – Automagz
The post Honda Mobilio Is The Brio Based MPV appeared first on MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews.
- Maruti Ertiga vs Honda Mobilio vs Toyota Innova – Price Comparison
- AVN, Reverse Camera, Wood Inserts Removed From Honda Mobilio
- Honda Mobilio Bookings Open, 4 Variants On Offer
- Mobilio vs Ertiga vs Innova vs Enjoy vs Evalia vs Xylo – Spec Comparison
- 2014 Honda Mobilio Test Drive Review
- Honda Ropes In Kapil Sharma For Mobilio Promotion [Video]
- Honda Releases Mobilio Images As Run Up To Launch In July
- Honda Mobilio July Launch Confirmed, Diesel Variant Spotted
- Honda Mobilio MPV First Look
- Honda Unveils Mobilio Prestige, 5000 Bookings Received