Lil Wayne has not died, but a viral video being shared on Facebook is saying that he has.
The video, which has unknown origins, says “RIP Rapper Lil Wayne Found Dead,” but its a fake.
The rapper has been the victim of online death hoaxes in the past, and the latest video posted on Facebook could be used to spread malware.
Lil Wayne has been involved in a death scare earlier this year after he was hospitalized for seizures. Celebrity news website TMZ reported at the time that he was on the verge of dying and received his last rites.
The report was inaccurate as the rapper survived and appears to be doing well, even appearing alongside Floyd Mayweather in his fight against Saul “Canelo” Alvarez in September.
“The thing is, man, the bad news is, I’m an epileptic, so I’m prone to seizures,” Wayne told People magazine
He added: “This isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures; y’all just never hear about it. This time it got real bad because I got three of ‘em in a row, and on the third one, my heart rate went down to, like, 30 percent. Basically, I could’ve died soon. That’s why it was so serious. The reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest and overworking myself. That’s typical me, though.”
In June, Wayne told Jimmy Kimmel on his show: “Was serious because I was upstairs and my homies were downstairs, and they didn’t even know that I was up there seizing. One of them just was like, he hasn’t come down in a minute.”
He added, “It’s just a private matter that I’ve been dealing with my whole life. We’re so used to it happening, so my doctors prepped all my homies.”
Wayne also released music on Tuesday with singer Chris Brown and French Montana.
A number of users on Facebook and Twitter shared the video. On Google Trends, more than 200,000 people searched for reports about it on Monday.
“So lil Wayne really died?!” wrote one.
Added another: “Lil Wayne dead or this a wine up ?”
The post Lil Wayne Dies? Nope, Victim of Viral Death Hoax appeared first on The Epoch Times.
- Madonna Video: Falls Down Stairs at Brit Awards, Not Injured
- House of Cards Season 3 Release Date: When and What Time Does it Start on Netflix? [Spoilers]
- Ariel Camacho Dies: Los Plebes del Rancho Singer Dead in Car Crash (Final Photos, Video)
- Book Publishers Stand by Bill O’Reilly Despite Questions of Accuracy
- ‘American Sniper’ Got Snubbed at the Oscars, but Expect More SEAL Sniper Movies
- Taylor Swift Gives $50,000 in Song Proceeds to New York City Schools
- Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Musical ‘Hamilton’ Moving to Broadway
- Elisabeth Moss Leaves ‘Mad Men’ for ‘Challenging’ Broadway
- Madonna Video: Falls Down Stairs at Brit Awards, Not Injured (Photos)
- ‘American Sniper’ Won No Oscars, But Expect More SEAL Sniper Movies