Bajaj Auto is betting big on performance bikes, a move which the company made more than a decade back when it launched the Pulsar 180 in the Indian market. Over time the company has evolved and is now looking at bringing in higher capacity performance bikes to the masses. We all are aware about the Pulsar 375 which will be launched later this year. The company is also working on a full faired version of the Pulsar 200 NS which is likely to be called Pulsar 200 SS (Super Sport). Both these motorcycles will be unveiled at the 2014 Auto Expo.
Bajaj Auto doesn’t usually showcase new motorcycles at the Auto Expo but the company is shifting its strategy. At the 2012 Auto Expo, neither was the KTM Duke 200 showcased nor was there any signs of the second generation Pulsar (200 NS), both of which were launched and unveiled respectively later that month (January 2012). We have already informed you about a new Bajaj cruiser concept debuting at the 2014 Auto Expo, the bike will hit production in 2015 and might replace the Avenger which has been doing only average numbers, owing to lack of upgrades and zilch marketing.
The Pulsar 200 SS will get fuel-injection along with a full fairing and optional ABS. Other parts will be shared with the 200 NS and power output is expected to be bumped to 24.5 BHP. The Pulsar 375 will share engine components with the Duke 390 and thus this high capacity Pulsar will produce around 38 BHP of power and 32 Nm of torque. Expect the Pulsar 375 to reach 100 km/hr in under 8 seconds while top speed is expected to be around 175 km/hr. The Pulsar 200 SS will be priced at around Rs. 1.35 lakhs while the Pulsar 375 will be priced around Rs. 1.8 lakhs (on-road, Mumbai).
The post Bajaj To Unveil Pulsar 200 SS, Pulsar 375 At Auto Expo appeared first on MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews.
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 NS Spotted On Test For The First Time
- Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS Spotted Sans Camouflage
- Pulsar 200 SS Likes To Hang Around With The Karizma
- Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS Spotted Cold Weather Testing In Ooty
- Bajaj Revises Colour Scheme On Pulsar 200 NS
- Full Faired Pulsar 200 SS Caught Testing
- Pulsar 375 Spotted Testing In Lavasa, Launch Soon
- Full Faired Bajaj Pulsar 200 Spied Camouflaged
- Bajaj Pulsar 180 NS Caught Testing, Launch Soon
- Pulsar 200 NS Ownership Report By Raj Vignesh