A retired central Indiana high school swimming coach has died training for a triathlon after a car struck his bicycle.
The Crawfordsville Journal Review reports (http://bit.ly/19bLyLJ ) 55-year-old Duane Swisher was pronounced dead at a hospital Saturday after the collision near the intersection of Indiana 32 and Indiana 341 west of Crawfordsville.
Friends tell the newspaper that Swisher was training for the Sugar Creek Swim Club’s upcoming sprint triathlon at the time.
Western Boone High School Principal Rob Ramey says Swisher retired in June so he could spend more time participating in outdoor sports including biking, hiking, swimming and running. Ramey says the Western Boone community has experienced a “very great loss.”
The post Retired C. Ind. Prep Coach Killed In Cycling Crash appeared first on The Epoch Times.
- Dom Tiberi Welcomed Back to Work by Ohio State Buckeyes Following His Daughter’s Death
- AP Sources: Mets, Collins Close To Extension
- Bud Selig Says He Will Retire In January 2015
- Hoke Stone Helmets: Virginia Tech to Don Odd-looking Helmets for Game vs. Georgia Tech (+Photo)
- Real-Life Martial Arts Masters Demonstrate Their Craft
- Carl Yastrzemski Honored with Statue by Red Sox
- M.I.A. NFL: Singer Taking ‘Secret Legal War’ Against League Public, Says Lawyer
- Former Heavyweight Champion Norton Dies
- Floyd Mayweather Could Nab $100 Million Against Alvarez
- D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Willie Colon Ejected After Aqib Talib Pick