A retired central Indiana high school swimming coach has died training for a triathlon after a car struck his bicycle.
The Crawfordsville Journal Review reports (http://bit.ly/19bLyLJ ) 55-year-old Duane Swisher was pronounced dead at a hospital Saturday after the collision near the intersection of Indiana 32 and Indiana 341 west of Crawfordsville.
Friends tell the newspaper that Swisher was training for the Sugar Creek Swim Club’s upcoming sprint triathlon at the time.
Western Boone High School Principal Rob Ramey says Swisher retired in June so he could spend more time participating in outdoor sports including biking, hiking, swimming and running. Ramey says the Western Boone community has experienced a “very great loss.”
The post Retired C. Ind. Prep Coach Killed In Cycling Crash appeared first on The Epoch Times.
- Pakistan vs Bangladesh Asia Cup 2014 Cricket Game: Time, Date, TV Channel, Live Streaming
- Paula Creamer, LPGA Star, is Engaged to Derek Heath (+Photos)
- Parts of Oscar Pistorius Murder Trial Will Be Televised
- Jared Lorenzen, 320 Pound Quarterback, Says He ‘Absolutely Loves’ Nicknames He’s Been Given
- Athletes Slide Into Slump After Signing Contract
- Sherman On Best Behavior As Seahawks Arrive In NJ
- Japan Slugger Pleads Not Guilty to US Charges
- A-Rod’s Ban: 5 Things to Know
- Ski Jumper Morgenstern ‘Stable’ After Crash
- NFL Schedule TV Times: Playoff Picture, Scenarios for NFC and AFC