Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe will not star in a live-action version of “The Little Mermaid,” as that’s merely a hoax that was originally intended as an April Fool’s Day joke last year.
An accompanying photo shows Watson as Ariel–complete with Photoshopped red hair.
“I saw a thing earlier this morning saying there’s talk of a Little Mermaid live action movie to be released in 2015 starring Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe,” reads part of the message that’s been going around, according to Snopes.
However, that was part of an April Fool’s Day joke on MuggleNet, a Harry Potter fan website, in April 2013.
The April Fool’s joke reads, “Emma Watson will certainly be living the princess lifestyle this year, after reports have linked her to different projects where she will portray classic Disney princesses Belle, from Beauty and the Beast as well as the title role in Cinderella (although Emma has since turned down that role). Completing the trio is Ariel, from The Little Mermaid, originally released as an animated feature in 1989.”
It continues: “Emma was seen leaving an aquatics facility this past weekend in Los Angeles. We can only assume that this means she has started training for her role as Ariel. Yes, training. As this is a live action film, Emma must take on several aquatic disciplines including SCUBA-diving, synchronized swimming, and diving. In addition to athletic training, Emma will also be singing the original songs from the animated version such as “Part of Your World.”
Apparently, the hoax was being circulated again on the week of Feb. 27, 2014.
The original “The Little Mermaid” was produced in 1989 by Disney–based on a fairy tale from Denmark.
In actual not-fake news, however, Watson was recently tapped to be a presenter at the 2014 Oscars this weekend.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Watson, who is known for her role as Hermoine Granger in the “Harry Potter” series, will be at the awards show to present this Sunday.
Watson is also set to star in the Biblical film “Noah,” which is directed by Darren Aronofsky and features Russell Crowe as the main character. It will be in theaters March 28.
It was reported that Watson will appear in “Regression” with Ethan Hawke.
“I am passionate about Alejandro and his work and am so happy to be collaborating with him. I’m really excited by the challenge my character presents to me as an actress. I can’t wait to begin,” she told PopCrush.
The post Emma Watson: Ariel in ‘The Little Mermaid’ Post a Hoax; No Disney Reboot with Daniel Radcliffe appeared first on The Epoch Times.
- Twitter’s User Growth Is Tapering Off Very Quickly
- Justin Bieber Birthday: Singer is 20 on Saturday March 1; Fans Wish Him Well
- Tariqka Sheffey Photo on Instagram: Flag Salute-Ditching Could Get Army Soldier 2 Years in Prison
- Nike Release Dates 2014: Kevin Durant’s ‘Aunt Pearl’ KD VI Shoes Disappear; ‘Liger’ to be Released
- ‘Volkswagen to Close Chattanooga Plant Following Anti-Union Vote’ in Tennessee is ‘Satire’
- Oasis Reunion 2014 Isn’t Real; There’s No Tour
- Will Smith Dies? Nope, Just a Death Hoax Video Scam; No ‘Bad Boys 3’ Either
- Friends Reunion 2014: Hoax ’10-Year Break’ Poster Keeps Going on Social Media
- Rihanna, Chris Brown Tape-iPhone Video Leaked Today a Scam; Here’s How to Deal With it
- Deidrie Henry Dies? No, Popeye’s Louisiana Fried Chicken Kitchen Star ‘Annie’ Isn’t Dead; ‘RIP’ Rumors Fake