by Bryan Preston
Every year hundreds of thousands of Americans use firearms to defend themselves from attackers of one kind or another. Despite the state’s reputation as a frontier state, Colorado’s Democrats are hell-bent on disarming law-abiding citizens and, in particular, women, from being able to defend themselves with a firearm. The latest is state Sen. Evie Hudak who, at a hearing on banning concealed carry on college campuses, told rape survivor Amanda Collins that having a gun would not have done her any good. Collins had just shared her story of survival. Democrat Hudak berated her in response.
Or she could have shot him, or cornered him and called 911 to get the police to come pick him up. A pistol can be a great equalizer in the face of a threat.
Democrats like Hudak would prefer that you be a victim, even of rape, than you have the ability and means to defend yourself.
Hudak is the third Colorado Democrat to make insane remarks regarding firearms and rape in the past few weeks. In February, state Sen. Paul Rosenthal argued that women should use the “buddy system” or judo to defend themselves from rape. Judo is a fine idea, but Amanda Collins’ experience suggests that martial arts may not be enough. A day before that, state Rep. Joe Salazar argued that women should rely on whistles and call boxes if they’re under attack from a rapist. Salazar further suggested that women should not be trusted with a firearm, because they might shoot even if they are not under attack.
Three Democrats have now loosed misogynistic remarks about rape. Two men, one woman, but all Democrats.
Who’s waging a war on women and their right to defend themselves?
The PJ Tatler Â» Arrogant CO Democrat Scolds Rape Survivor at Gun Ban Hearing: Statistics Weren’t On Your Side
Also read: Colorado Fights Concealed Carry on Campus: Why, Exactly?
- [WATCH] (Graphic) Two Thugs Beat Homeless Man With Everything They Could Find
- FBI prevented 148 mass shootings in 2013
- Mike Shedlock: Stockton Doomed to Another Bankruptcy
- FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY… Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years
- Shopkeeper Shoots And Kills Man Attempting To Rob His Store
- A Father’s Letter to his Children: Family wisdom & life story of family patriarchs
- “Wreaths Across America” While these pictures are from Arlington, this event took pla
- Biden Likes Idea of ‘Co-Presidents,’ Frightens Everyone
- Which of these signs will prevent another Tragedy
- In eastern Turkey, donkeys frozen from tip to toe – but still alive