by Bryan Preston
Every year hundreds of thousands of Americans use firearms to defend themselves from attackers of one kind or another. Despite the state’s reputation as a frontier state, Colorado’s Democrats are hell-bent on disarming law-abiding citizens and, in particular, women, from being able to defend themselves with a firearm. The latest is state Sen. Evie Hudak who, at a hearing on banning concealed carry on college campuses, told rape survivor Amanda Collins that having a gun would not have done her any good. Collins had just shared her story of survival. Democrat Hudak berated her in response.
Or she could have shot him, or cornered him and called 911 to get the police to come pick him up. A pistol can be a great equalizer in the face of a threat.
Democrats like Hudak would prefer that you be a victim, even of rape, than you have the ability and means to defend yourself.
Hudak is the third Colorado Democrat to make insane remarks regarding firearms and rape in the past few weeks. In February, state Sen. Paul Rosenthal argued that women should use the “buddy system” or judo to defend themselves from rape. Judo is a fine idea, but Amanda Collins’ experience suggests that martial arts may not be enough. A day before that, state Rep. Joe Salazar argued that women should rely on whistles and call boxes if they’re under attack from a rapist. Salazar further suggested that women should not be trusted with a firearm, because they might shoot even if they are not under attack.
Three Democrats have now loosed misogynistic remarks about rape. Two men, one woman, but all Democrats.
Who’s waging a war on women and their right to defend themselves?
The PJ Tatler Â» Arrogant CO Democrat Scolds Rape Survivor at Gun Ban Hearing: Statistics Weren’t On Your Side
Also read: Colorado Fights Concealed Carry on Campus: Why, Exactly?
- The Navy’s newest Littoral Combat Ship, the future USS Coronado (LCS 4)
- Retiring House Democrat Jim Moran Wakes Up; Admits Obamacare Is Underwater
- Ron Paul Straight Talk: Every Week Should Be School Choice Week
- National epidemic: Public employees ‘spiking’ pensions
- Newspaper chain plans ‘state-by-state’ concealed weapon databases
- UKIP Hooray! Euro-skeptic Nigel Farage tops poll ahead of elections – UK’s Ron Paul
- Congress grants Obama ‘free rein for martial law’
- Sugar Daddies for the Global Left
- Global warmists aim to disempower America
- RUSH LIMBAUGH: LAYOFFS, RATINGS SLUMP MEAN ‘PANIC TIME’ FOR CNN