By Cheryl K. Chumley
The Washington Times
Friday, March 22, 2013
A truck being chased by police at a Navy site in Texas crashed and killed six illegal aliens aboard, police officials said.
At least nine more illegal immigrants traveling in the truck were injured, United Press International reports.
Kingsville, Texas, police began chasing the truck when it refused to stop at the security checkpoint at the Naval Air Station’s main gate, UPI reports. Guards activated the pop-up road barriers at the second security stop, but the driver kept going, UPI said.
“It’s quite possible this guy [the driver] didn’t even know where he was,” said base spokesman John Gagne, in the UPI report.
The illegal immigrants hailed from Guatemala and Honduras, UPI said.
Read more: Illegal aliens killed in police chase in Texas – Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
- While NC pols pander on amnesty, NC sheriffs seek help on illegals
- Rep. Justin Amash Sends Letter to Sen. Paul on Immigration–Press Release
- Tim Griffin is One of 27 House Republicans to Support a Path to Citizenship
- Stash house full of guns, cash and immigrants raided
- Baltimore Will Stop Automatically Detaining Illegal Aliens, Maryland Governor Says
- Nutter’s executive order on ICE detainers will put more violent criminal aliens on
- Pelosi’s Mimicry of Pope Is ‘Sickening and Shameful,’ ‘Sacrilegious’
- Two men plead guilty to kidnapping of immigrants
- 147 immigrants found in Alton TX stash house
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: ‘Wow,’ you’re ‘incredibly brave’