By Cheryl K. Chumley
The Washington Times
Friday, March 22, 2013
A truck being chased by police at a Navy site in Texas crashed and killed six illegal aliens aboard, police officials said.
At least nine more illegal immigrants traveling in the truck were injured, United Press International reports.
Kingsville, Texas, police began chasing the truck when it refused to stop at the security checkpoint at the Naval Air Station’s main gate, UPI reports. Guards activated the pop-up road barriers at the second security stop, but the driver kept going, UPI said.
“It’s quite possible this guy [the driver] didn’t even know where he was,” said base spokesman John Gagne, in the UPI report.
The illegal immigrants hailed from Guatemala and Honduras, UPI said.
Read more: Illegal aliens killed in police chase in Texas – Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
- Court Weighs Detention of Aliens Long Ago Convicted of Crimes
- Lamar Alexander’s secret weapons
- Slain Omahan’s relative says immigration crackdown might have prevented her death
- Detainees Under 12 Fastest Growing Group at U.S. Border
- 175,000 migrants ‘missing’, says National Audit Office
- Gov. Rick Perry to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to RGV
- Not in my backyard: Communities protest surge of illegal alien kids
- ‘Abused children’ rescued in Mexico
- Amid tide of unaccompanied minors at U.S.-Mexico border, ICE Air busy
- TRUMP: ‘A COUNTRY THAT CANNOT PROTECT ITS BORDERS WILL NOT LAST’