By Cheryl K. Chumley
The Washington Times
Friday, March 22, 2013
A truck being chased by police at a Navy site in Texas crashed and killed six illegal aliens aboard, police officials said.
At least nine more illegal immigrants traveling in the truck were injured, United Press International reports.
Kingsville, Texas, police began chasing the truck when it refused to stop at the security checkpoint at the Naval Air Station’s main gate, UPI reports. Guards activated the pop-up road barriers at the second security stop, but the driver kept going, UPI said.
“It’s quite possible this guy [the driver] didn’t even know where he was,” said base spokesman John Gagne, in the UPI report.
The illegal immigrants hailed from Guatemala and Honduras, UPI said.
Read more: Illegal aliens killed in police chase in Texas – Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
- Mexican marines seize 6 small planes, detain 3 in Sinaloa drug cartel’s stronghold
- Rosemary Jenks: Amnesty Advocates Declaring ‘War on American Workers’
- GOP lawmaker says CPAC not conservative on immigration
- Trump warns GOP on immigration: ‘They’re taking your jobs’
- Fresno judge hears argument opposing continued undocumented immigrant health care
- RI Taxpayers Speak Out Against Immigrant Drivers’ Licenses
- HHS: 60K Unaccompanied Illegal Alien Children Will Be Caught in ’14; Up 815% in 3 Yrs
- House panel bars funds for immigrant advocate
- Being turned over to Border Patrol doesn’t always mean deportation
- The inevitability of ObamaCare for illegal aliens