By Cheryl K. Chumley
The Washington Times
Friday, March 22, 2013
A truck being chased by police at a Navy site in Texas crashed and killed six illegal aliens aboard, police officials said.
At least nine more illegal immigrants traveling in the truck were injured, United Press International reports.
Kingsville, Texas, police began chasing the truck when it refused to stop at the security checkpoint at the Naval Air Station’s main gate, UPI reports. Guards activated the pop-up road barriers at the second security stop, but the driver kept going, UPI said.
“It’s quite possible this guy [the driver] didn’t even know where he was,” said base spokesman John Gagne, in the UPI report.
The illegal immigrants hailed from Guatemala and Honduras, UPI said.
Read more: Illegal aliens killed in police chase in Texas – Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
- Barbour, Rendell: Congress won’t pass immigration legislation until 2014
- Bill gives illegals student-loan ‘equality’
- New trainees to bolster Border Patrol’s numbers in RGV
- Bob Goodlatte Rejects ‘Special’ Citizenship Path For Immigrants In The U.S. Illegally
- Latino Immigration Transforms South Los Angeles
- Ken Cucinnelli Scrubs His Immigration Hardliner Past
- 2014 Budget Request: Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- U.S. AND MEXICO SIGN SECRET DEAL TO AID ILLEGAL ALIENS IN U.S. WORKPLACES
- U.S. AMNESTY SHELTERS REVEALED: LAW ENFORCEMENT ORDERED TO STAND DOWN (VIDEO)
- Michelle Malkin: The Illegal Alien Murderer of Vanessa Pham